A huge part of our ethos is to remain as conscious of the environment as we can
- We use ethically sourced, sustainable silver, that we recycle (100% recycled and from a controlled supply chain certified by the Chain of Custody of the Responsible Jewellery Council)
- our silver is tarnish resistant, therefore less chemicals are needed to clean it in the long run.
- We do not use harsh products or acids for cleaning our silver - only natural, environment-friendly products, such as white vinegar (you can too! to clean silverware, use heated white vinegar mixed with salt!)
- Our gift-boxes and packaging are entirely eco, made from recycled cardboard and local materials.
- Our display stands and boards are handmade by us, made from fallen tree branches found on site at Matbronze where our outlet and production is.
- We are located at Matbronze, which uses 35 kilowatts of solar panels for energy, which is used in our production.
- Matbronze uses collected rainwater that runs off the roof, and stores around 200,000 litres of water, which is used in our production and cleaning.
- If anyone has any suggestions to how we can make our small jewellery business more eco-friendly, please feel free to contact us!
written by our supplier's supplier:
"Commitment to environmental protection and sustainable development is a core business value [here]. As a standard practice, [we] strive to recycle as much internal clean scrap as possible. When virgin metal is required (the precious metal not found from scrap), [we] utilize material from Kennecott Utah Copper and the Royal Canadian Mint. Both sources are well-known for their ethical, environmentally friendly refining and mining processes.